[Sussex] Mail forwarding

Steve Dobson SDobson at manh.com
Wed Oct 1 12:44:54 UTC 2003

Mark

On 01 October 2003 at 13:24 Mark Harrison wrote:
> Help setting up a mail server would be great (for my own
> purposes as well as yours, old boy.)

Great news.

> Happy to offer "Mark Harrison hosting" in exchange for a bit of email
> support. Happy to host a web page for you as well (Apache2, and I already
> use virtual hosts.) This is just off a standard ADSL line, though...

That's all I'm planning for the site anyway.  I also like this idea of
"I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine" it sort of fits in to the whole
Open Source/Free Software thing.

> I have a PC currently with an old copy of Smoothy on it, which I need to
> completely reinstall. I seem to remember that Debian is quick to
install...
> do you have a CD?

I do but you can get your own for free.  Go to www.debian.org and follow the
Get ISO links.  Just get the first ISO - it has all you need to get the
machine up.  They point it at the net and "apt-get dist-upgrade".

Let me know if you need more help, but there is plenty of stuff on the
Debian website for how to install.  I managed to install a SGI MIPS machine
with absolutely no media at all.  It wouldn't have helped - there was no
floppy or cdrom drive in the machine anyway.