[Sussex] Scanners

John D. big-john at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Oct 7 15:52:22 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 07 Oct 2003 10:31 am, Angelo Servini wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> Ive given up on the Artec Ultima Scanner - its speed is poo, and is next to
> impossible to get working in Linux.  Im going to go for a decent Epson when
> I get the chance, & then ebay the Ultima.  I thought the following link
> might be of use to others who need to use scanners with Linux.
>
> http://www.epkowa.co.jp/english/linux_e/lsd_e.html
>
> Anyone else had experience in this area, could reccomend a scanner/model?

Well, I bought an epson perfection1260 photo, on the basis of epson scanner
support - when I started setting it up, it was "apparently" supported, but
too lots of effort to get going - then mandrake released the 9.1 version
where it was autodetected and set up on install.

Dunno about speed, I've got nothing to compare it with, but it seems OK by me.

regards

John D.