[Sussex] Additional to "John's stupid question"

Tony Austin tony at gigaday.com
Sun Oct 12 20:50:45 UTC 2003

> John,
>
> OK - let's take this from the beginning.

...very big snip

> The first thing you need to do is work out which approach to Step 1 you're
> taking. I've listed three - there are many other variants.... such as
> OCRing
> and ALSO keyword scanning
>
> M.

Mark

I just have to congratulate you on a brilliant exposition of John's
alternatives.

It still all sounds like a lot of work to me scanning all that stuff in,
not to mention all the rest of it as well.  I think Clare is really going
to have to _want_ it a lot to make it worth the effort.

John, just what is the scale of the documents that you want to index and
how much money and effort are you prepared to put into it?

Regards.

Tony Austin
Gigaday Computing Limited
http://www.gigaday.com