[Sussex] Hello from an new list member - a bit about me

Alan J Fitton alan at ajfuk.net
Mon Oct 13 14:45:19 UTC 2003

> > My mail setup is: Sendmail, IMAP, Squirrelmail, Spamassassin (using
> > sendmail's milter interface)
> >

> Which IMAP server do you use?  Good to see another SquirrelMail fan, the
> core functionality is very good but it was the ability to use Plugins and
> even write your own that hooked me.

Actually, I'm not sure exactly what it is, I think it may be Washington
University IMAP. Created by the same team who write pine, the mail client.

I've heard good things about Courier IMAP, though I've never had any
reason to switch from the IMAP daemon which I use. Same as my MTA of
choice really. Sendmail has always been stable, reliable and given me
every feature I need (It doesn't receive large volumes of mail however), I
think some people exadurate how often a hole is found in it.