[Sussex] Gentoo getting me down

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Fri Oct 17 08:34:29 UTC 2003

Geoff, Tony

> Geoff Wrote
> ===========
> We'd need a bit more info..
>
> What graphics card is it?  What have you changed so far?
>
> I'd focus on getting one screen working first and then address
> multi-screen issues.

Sorry I should go into a bit more I was just quickly spouting it out
last night.

When I type startx I know have X starting and and Gnome loaded with dual
screen works perfectly ok for a low res.

Gfx cards are
1. Nvidia Geforce 2 GTS  <-- it isn't that but it has always worked for
that driver without a prob.
2. Ati Rage II

I would get the config file and post it here but haven't got the modem
setup yet.

> Tony Wrote
> ==========
> # XFree86 -configure
>
> which creates /root/XF86Config.new having sensed the card settings for
me.
>  I copy this to /etc/X11/XF86Config.

I have done this already but these setting only seem to work for the
basic X Server
I want it to load Gnome into that.

Will copying the .new file to /etc/X11 work when I run startx ?

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality,
accuracy and content of information contained in or with this message.
In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.