[Sussex] Gentoo getting me down

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Fri Oct 17 08:51:32 UTC 2003

> >> Tony Wrote
> >> =========> # XFree86 -configure
> >>
> >> which creates /root/XF86Config.new having sensed the card settings
for
> > me.
> >>  I copy this to /etc/X11/XF86Config.
> >
> > I have done this already but these setting only seem to work for the
> > basic X Server
> > I want it to load Gnome into that.
> >
> > Will copying the .new file to /etc/X11 work when I run startx ?
> >

> > Gareth Ablett
> >

> Have you set up ~/.xinitrc?
>
> Mine looks like this:-
>
> xset m 3 4 &
> xset b 50 220 100 &
> numlockx &
> xmodmap .xmodmaprc
> exec icewm

I had to create this file by hand so all it has in it is

exec gnome

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality,
accuracy and content of information contained in or with this message.
In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.