[Sussex] Xfce

Ed Scull ed at edwinscull.co.uk
Fri Oct 17 18:22:17 UTC 2003

Hello all!

I am trying to install Xfce4 on my old laptop, which came with October's
Linux Format.  I currently have RH8 running on it at command line only.
I have unpacked the many RH8 RPMs off the LF disk.  As there is not much
in the way of a read-me file, I am not sure which RPMs to install, so I
thought I would install all of them!  When working through the list of
RPMs, I came across one that stated it needed GCC.  When I tried to
install the GCC RPMs off the RH8 discs they state that they need
glibc-devel.  When I tried to install that it states it needs
kernel-headers.2.2.1.  I can't find 'kernel-headers' on the RH8 discs!
What am I doing wrong?!  What is/are 'kernel-headers'?

Apologies for the newbie question.  Hopefully the above makes sense?!

Ed :-)