[Sussex] 2.6 help...

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Sat Oct 25 19:04:47 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-10-25 at 14:57, Steve Dobson wrote:
> Matt
>
> On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 01:55:51PM +0100, Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:
> > On Sat, 2003-10-25 at 08:01, Tony Austin wrote:
> > > Does uname -a give you the date/time of compile that you would expect?
> >
> > Nope, 28th September, I've compiled it more recently than that... :(
>
> From what I've read I think you haven't run lilo.
Yup, done all of that, I've installed 2.4 kernels loads of times, and
I've followed the instructions I've got in Linux Format to the letter
about making the kernel, I've even ensured that the right files are
copied into my /boot.  I've edited lilo.conf and run lilo about four
times now, adding and removing various pointers to the new and old
kernels and still no luck.

Matt
--
|Matthew Macdonald-Wallace         |