[Sussex] modem connection

Tony Austin tony at gigaday.com
Thu Oct 30 08:11:40 UTC 2003

> On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 22:31, Tony Austin wrote:
>> Yes, but wasn't it Emacs that Richard Stallman wasted all his efforts on
>> whne he should have been writing a kernel?  Then we could have had
>> Stallix
>> instead on Linux!
>
> :)

Whoops!  I wasn't being that serious really.  <g>

I fully understand and respect the work that RS and the GNU team put into
GNU/Linux and I feel quite sorry for poor old RS in his losing battle to
remind people that it's "GNU/Linux" and not just "Linux".  But Hell,
"GNU/Linux" is just such a mouthful!

It was one of RS's articles, where he explains how software is far too
important to be left in the hands of commercial enterprises and that our
civil liberties could be under threat, that was the turning point for me
and made me determined to learn about Linux, even if it wasn't easy.