[Sussex] Good moot, good food.

Angelo Servini Angelo.Servini at claybrook.co.uk
Fri Oct 31 10:35:01 UTC 2003

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Tony Austin [mailto:tony at gigaday.com]
>Sent: Friday, 31 October 2003 09:09
>To: LUG email list for the Sussex Counties
>Subject: Re: [Sussex] Good moot
>

>>> Chaps..
>>>
>>> Good moot tonight, a lot of new faces.

Totally agree, I thoroughly enjoyed the convivial chatting and pubbish
atmosphere.  There is definitely a place for good friendship and general
chat, but it would be nice also if we made the moot more
conference/presentation style - in a room of our own.  I also mentioned last
night - could we invite other adjoining LUGS say once a year and hire a hall
and speakers?  If we advertised it properly it might generate some interest.

Just to let you fellas know - yes I gave in and did some more on the gentoo
front (went to bed at 2am - a glutton for punishment - I must me mad!).
Anyhow, gentoo is now running as sweet as - with X and KDE fully installed.
One point though, there is now way of shutting down - only logging out,
which drops me back to the XDM login screen which only allows login and
nothing else.  I now have to log back in, run a konsole session, type
reboot, then switch off at the appropriate moment. Not ideal.

I do remember as I was setting up KDE initially that it had its own login
screen, but don't know how to set that as my default in rc.config

can anyone help?

cheers

--
Angelo Servini
Programmer/Analyst
* angelo.servini at claybrook.co.uk

Registered in England and Wales No 1287205

A Hogg Robinson plc company