[Sussex] broadband, Yippie!

Paul Turner pturner at rentokil.com
Mon Sep 8 17:02:00 UTC 2003

Angelo,

I am using Freedom2Surf and I have had no real problems with it.

I've never had to call their customer support so I can't say how good they
are in that department, but I've had no problems with the speed or
reliability.  However I'm not running any servers on it at the moment, so if
there have been any problems they've occured when I haven't been using the
line myself.

I run a Solwise 4 port 10/100 ADSL router/switch, so configuring linux to
run is just basic networking.  If you going to buy an ADSL modem you should
ensure that you can get the correct drivers and tools for linux.  Some
manufacturers may have windows only setup tools, I suggest you do a google
search and see what other people recommend for ADSL modems (or ask this
list).

Regards Paul.