[Sussex] Subliminal messages take effect

David Chapman linux-lists at ntlworld.com
Thu Aug 5 18:14:02 UTC 2004

Finally decided to format my FC2 install in favour of Debian (sarge testing)
I downloaded the netinstall iso and used that to install.

The latest version of the installer is much easier to use. My biggest
complaint would be with Aptitude. I think it could give you better
preselected software category of "Graphical desktop" consisting of almost all
of Gnome and KDE which makes for a big download.
But all said I like it. One minor grouch about GDM, how do I allow everybody
to shutdown without the root password ?

> Section for Steve<
>For the members page<
Dave Chapman
Another lorry driver in the Lug. Started using Linux with SuSE 6.1 less than 1
year after buying his first Wintel box. More of a hardware guy than software.
Currently using a quad Xeon pIII as a work station running Debian sarge and
SUSE 9.1 Pro (oh and Win2K for now)