[Sussex] MySQL replication

matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Fri Dec 3 16:14:52 UTC 2004

All,

I've got a database that I keep on my laptop that I'd like to be able to
sync to my desktop every now and then.

I'm after a way to basically sync the mysql databases between hosts,
however as it is not a permanent connection (the database has a lot of
GPS locations on it and the laptop collects more waypoints as I
drive around), setting them up as a master and a slave seems excessive.

Is there a way of syncing them over ssh or telnet?

TIA,

Cheers,

Matt

--
| Matthew Macdonald-Wallace     |

This email has been independently scanned for viruses and any virus detected has been removed using McAfee anti-virus software