[Sussex] Fair's idea's

Andrew Guard andrew at andrewguard.com
Wed Dec 8 21:46:41 UTC 2004

How we can make it better, well here pennies worth.  Please dont take this
the wrong way.

First it cool that you are showing the Debian logo etc, but Debian how many
people really know what it is and to be blunt Mr. Joe Public doesn't care.
It just another logo which people see everyday and take no notice of, but
say Linux and numbers who know about this increases dramatically.  Some
times the simplest ideas do more then clever one's.

OK I did say when I was there but just but just in case anyone forgot here
some simple ideas,  the CD's should have OpenOffice.Org logo on then also
Mozilia logo, these are better know then both Debian and Knoppix.

Also could look idea of making front cover banner, which would hang on table

and be about an table length, ie Sussex Linux User Group.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xSUSSEX LINUXx
x            x

Get some glue paste together the flyer's, I would use some an glue like
Pritt Stick.  As it not messy, quick and would do the job.

Well to get the kit do do job of WiFi'ing that way I would say have look at
both (I can not recommend these business as I have never done any business
with them but there names keep on getting good comments on them)

http://www.solwise.co.uk/
http://www.wirelesspro.co.uk/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=309

Also look at the idea of making an CD which is filled with Open Source for
Windows.  To show people that open source isn't a bad thing also put an copy

of Sussex Linux web site, which would auto boot when CD installed. ;)

App's which might go on there

OpenOffice.org
Firefox
Thunderbird
GIMP

PS Also can you get in touch with me about PGP signing thing directly?
Sorry forgot your name.

--
I belive in life is out there. Seti&Home - Amiga, believer.
-