[Sussex] Fair's idea's

John D. big-john at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Dec 9 08:24:09 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 00:08 +0000, Geoffrey Teale wrote:
> A few comments on this thread...
>
> 0.
> ==
> Well done to everyone who has been involved with the fairs so far, this
> kind of grass roots work is vital to raising awareness of Linux amongst
> private individuals and small businesses.

<snip>

> 2.
> ==
> Whilst Steve's comment was tongue in cheek I feel it is worth noting
> that manning the SLUG stand at the computer fair is not the only way
> members of this list can help spread the word.  (Here's where I push my
> agenda...)

And I thought that Geoff always seems such a pleasant person.

So I presume that he'll be conducting GNU Software Installation raids at
a location near YOU.

Oh and leaving small business cards with FSF graffitied on them (they'd
probably frown on spraying on walls, so small card rectangles is OK -
they can be recycled).

;-P

regards

John D.

p.s. Sorry Geoff, couldn't resist! Just off to the FSF site now. Credit
card in hand!