[Sussex] Fair's idea's

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Thu Dec 9 13:30:17 UTC 2004

All

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 12:17:42PM -0000, Gareth Ablett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Firstly sorry I couldn't stay any longer at the last fair, there where
> people waiting outside for me, how far is the fair from west or central
> Worthing station that way I could get the the fair and stay there all
> day to help with out probs.
>
> A few things I thought about from the last group of posts;
>
> Documentation CD (maybe it wont be purchased as much as the other cd's
> but when you are burning all the cds anyway extra services cant harm)

I don't see a need at all for this.  What documentation would you want.
Knoppix has got the docs for what is installed, at least the man pages.

> I like the idea of a Free Software CD for windows even though many will
> be able to download there own these days.

Yes, so do I.  But do we put our own together or use the Live CD?

> Ps. my new years resolution will be to help with the lug more as I've
> let some of my duties drop.

Do you keep them?  I always do, but then I have a simple resolution
each year.  "I will only have one New Year's reolution!" :-)

I have just put a sample of the new look CD Label up on the website.
Take a look at http://www.sussex.lug.org.uk/cd-label.ps and tell me
what you think.

Colin: Does this print ok, and is it the correct size, I know it isn't
in the correct place, but for that I will need to be told where the
image needs to be printed.