[Sussex] Web server help

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Fri Dec 17 09:23:38 UTC 2004

Hi Andrew

On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 06:30:13AM -0000, Andrew Guard wrote:
> OK I have just submitted a project for approval on Source Forge.  Now I am
> a bit worried that they might not take on this project.  Basically it is
> not a software app, but a data protocol.  It may sound terribly clever but
> really it rather simple.

Good luck with SF.

> Now being the planer that I am I’ll thought it a good idea to plan ahead
> saying that they disapprove.  Now is there anyone here who knows how
> sql/php and various web-portal software is configed up.

Well given I do the odd bit of work with the SLUG web-site I've learnt a
thing or two (its your basic LAMP setup). I don't know as much as Gareth,
but I might be able to answer a simple question or two.

> PS.  This is the first time I have used the new webmail site for sending
> e-mails from blueyonder.  The really cool thing is you can config it to
> use any e-mail address you like not just blueyonder domain address;)

Glad you're having fun, but for me it suffers from "Microsoft Syndrome".
In your middle paragraph I see "I\222ll" in mutt(1) and "I\x92ll" in
vi(1) so I guess that it is using unintelligent quoting.