[Sussex] more broadband questions?

Alan F alan at slug.greenmeads.co.uk
Mon Dec 20 16:55:29 UTC 2004

On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 04:37:38PM +0000, Steve Dobson wrote:
> Well I'm happy with my 512K Zen account, I'm not really thinking of
> upgrading (maybe because I live far from the exchange).  I don't pull
> that many big files from the Internet interactively.  The odd Linux kernel
> patch and that's it.  My upgrading is taken care of from my local Debian
> mirror which will out perform any boardband speed as it is either 11Mb
> (WiFi) or 100Mb (10BaseT) depending upon the network.
>
> I would be more interested in upgrading if the up-link speed was increased.
> That way I would need to think about an off-site server for my clients to
> get large files from my site.

Increased upstream would be very nice, but right now that means
extortionate SDSL prices (which I'm not even sure is available here)
^_^

I stream from my TV card at home to work with VideoLAN client, thereby
taking laziness at work to a whole new level, but my poor 256kbit
upstream means I can't have great quality streams. :(