[Sussex] more broadband questions?

Mark Harrison Mark at ascentium.co.uk
Tue Dec 21 11:05:35 UTC 2004

I have the non-Flex package from Eclipse, and have been very, very happy
with them. The price has come down a couple of times without me needing to
do anything about it (they appear to apply price reductions to ALL
customers, not just new ones.)

In addition, the price is the same irrespectice of whether you need a
dynamic IP address, static IP address or block of 8(6). If you are
requesting a block of 8(6) you need to show a technical requirement - ie you
need to demonstrate that you have services that CANNOT be run behind NAT.

A typical requirement that leads to a block of 8(6) being allocated would
have to show in addition that you DO use NAT wherever possible. I enclose my
submission below:

- Router (IP required)
- Web Server (SSL required)
- Email Server (MX records required)
- Database Server (SSL required for remote admin)
- 5 * Workstations (DHCP with NAT)
- 3 * laptops (DHCP)
- 1 * Videoconferencing workstation (static IP required)
- 6 Network MP3 players (DHCP - no internet access required)