[Sussex] more broadband questions?

Jon Fautley jon at 3ait.co.uk
Tue Dec 21 12:25:14 UTC 2004

On 21 Dec 2004, at 12:18, John D. wrote:

> Brilliant. I suspect that I'll only need the one IP address for the
> time
> being, though as I learn about this kind of stuff it would definitely
> come in handy to have that facility.

Zen don't hassle you for IP requirements for anything less than a /29
(8 addresses). I really don't see why Eclipse ask for that information,
but you can basically put down anything you like there, they don't seem
to read them lol.

If you're reckoning on only 1 IP address, I'd ask for a /30 - this
gives you 4 IP addresses, of which 2 are usable (without any fancy
routing/breaking of stuff) - that gives you a bit of room for expansion
in the future.

Jon