[Sussex] Much hilarity involved

Nicholas Butler nik at reducedhackers.com
Tue Dec 21 14:25:58 UTC 2004

I just purchased 10 Microsoft Windows Terminal Services Licenses for a
Customer. The MS Rep was explaining to me that he could not go lower
than £50 per CAL , as this would be below the cost price. I did ask him
what production costs were involved in updating a database and sending
me an email to access a website and why its the same price in dollars as
it is on pounds. It beggars belief that the phrase cost price is
actually bandied about in terms of licensing software. Do you remember
when cost price would be the value of a product material and labour
costs to produce.

sigh ... still at least I got a discount through GPL .