[Sussex] Merry Festive Season

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Thu Dec 30 09:35:31 UTC 2004

 From: Geoffrey Teale [mailto:tealeg at member.fsf.org]
 Subject: Re: [Sussex] Merry Festive Season

> My 2 cents:
>
> If you want something like Gentoo but without compiling everything
> (though having the option to do so) then I would give Arch Linux a
try.

> http://www.archlinux.org
>

> If you want something that has the advantages of a Debian system, but
is
> much more "current" and has the same "polished" feel as SuSE,
Mandrake,
> Red Hat or Novel then try Ubuntu Linux:
>
> http://www.ubuntulinux.org
>
> BTW, anyone who has an x86 or PowerPC based computer I have some
Ubuntu
> Install and Ubuntu Live (formerly Gnoppix) CDs here that anyone is
> welcome to - they are the official disk sets that Ubuntu give away for
free.

I have been thinking about giving ubuntulinux a go because of its AMD64
install which should make it a nice linux bassed on Debian and has
aptget on it so cant go wrong really.

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality,
accuracy and content of information contained in or with this message.
In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.