[Sussex] Licence question

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Sat Feb 7 23:56:32 UTC 2004

Geoff,

Many thanks for your help. I am somewhat surprised to find that my
spreadsheet can be thought of in the same breath as an application created
from scratch, although I can see the logic in that.

So, GPL it is - I hope...

I made a clear choice last year by wiping Windows from my computer for ever
& vowing never to use Micro$oft products at home & to use only open source
software (he says, writing this in Opera 7.11 - whoops!). Debian has been
my sole OS since August 2003.

The spreadsheet was created using Star Office 5.2 (which I aliened from a
SuSE 7 CD - I had a lot of SO 5.2 files as I used the Windows version
previously). However, I hope to switch to OpenOffice soon, which should
remove any licencing problems (& be compatible with Star Office??).

I can make an Excel file from Star Office, but that isn't using M$ software
(so it seems to me).

Does GPL still look possible, or should I do a new version saved in
OpenOffice to avoid any problems?

Gavin.