[Sussex] RE: Sussex Digest, Vol 22, Issue 11

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Fri Feb 20 15:56:45 UTC 2004

> On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 14:46 +0000, Charles Thorns wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Nice to see a new name here (actually there are many people lurking on
> this list - Gareth and I can see you  all you know *Mwaaa haaa haa
> haa*). :)
>
> I'd really like us to move away from having the meeting in a pub
unless
> said pub has a private room we can use.  I don't think a restaurant is
> right either - those activities are good for apres-moot but I would
like
> to see the meets be far more hands-on.
>
> Who'd like to sit down with other people and build kernels, install
> boxes - etc?
>
> Who'd like a meet they can feel safe bringing a desktop machine to?
>
> This LUG is about Linux computing, lets have a meet where we can
> comfortably sit at computers!

This is probably one of the main problems up until now its been
nice but all we are doing is socializing, we need to have the
meetings as more of a learning experience to some. And we need to
supply that as a service to you all.

I do think we need to keep the social bit but we need it separate
so some people can go early and some can stay but we need at least
2 hours put aside for presentations/help evenings/ Q&A etc. In fact
I think it should be a bit more formal in some sense.

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality,
accuracy and content of information contained in or with this message.
In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.