[Sussex] RE: Sussex Digest, Vol 22, Issue 11

Mark Harrison Mark at ascentium.co.uk
Fri Feb 20 20:10:24 UTC 2004

> a- is you office big enough.

About 16 people would be the max... I'd say that was big enough for a
LUGMoot based on attendance over recent months.

We commonly use two rooms for meetings - each will hold about 8 people
"comfortably seated" or more uncomfortably :-). One is suitable for laptops
only, the other for desktop PCs.

Power / WLAN / Wired network points / Internet access are, of course,
available...

#(people fittable into either room) > #(people who can crowd round a single
screen)

At the "Home Automation Open House Demo Day" last year, we had about 20
people at one point (people came and went throughout the afternoon), but
that was a bit crowded, plus by defintion people were all over the house
looking at what we'd done HA-wise in different rooms.

> b- is your office far from Three Bridges station.

I used to walk up from the station in the summer months. It's about 15
minutes walk... Certainly, some people walked up from the station at the HA
meet and didn't have a problem.

Alternatively, we can run a "shuttle service" to pick people up from Three
Bridges.

Given that the office doubles as our house, I'm not going to post the
details to the list - people will need to contact me offlist to get address
/ directions :-)

Obviously, coffee / soft drinks can be made available, and if a finger
buffet is required, we can rustle one up... We have another "no PCs" room
where we tend to put food :-)

I'm not suggesting this is a viable for every LUGMoot, but as a once-a-year,
particularly if people are interested in the Home Automation stuff as a
"feature use of Technology", then it's possible...

M.