[Sussex] /cdrom=/dogs_breakfast

Thomas Adam thomas_adam16 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 21 01:18:47 UTC 2004

 --- Gavin Stevens <starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net> wrote:

> recognise /dev/scd0 as a block device (maybe try "insmod driver")".

Never insmod, always "modprobe":

modprobe ide-scsi

if you have it as a module.

> I've gone into lilo.conf & sharped (#) out the lines I added for scsi-
> emulation related things & I've also visited a couple of other files &
> made
> similar alterations. It seems there's one (or more) I missed & can't
> work
> out which it could be.

This is not related to your problem though if it not being a block device.
It usually means you either lack support in your kernel (statically), or
you have not loaded the appropriate modules.

-- Thomas Adam

=====
"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net

experience will probably kill you. :)"