[Sussex] Woody, here I come :-)

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Mon Feb 23 23:37:39 UTC 2004

I managed to get my CD back to normal (i e:  not trying to do a currently
impossible scsi emulation, owing to lack of sr_mod). The file I overlooked
when back-tracking was fstab, once I found that in my notes & reverted to
the previous version, everything worked.

Last summer, I got a CD set of Debian Woody that refused to work on my
machine, leaving me stuck on Potato. I tried the Woody CDs again tonight in
my new DVD/CD-R combo & they "apt-cdrom add"-ed just fine. Must've been the
old CD-R causing that problem.

Anyway, it looks like I can now upgrade to Woody using the CDs.

I would be most grateful for any of the following:

1: General tips on upgrading (is apt-get or dselect better? for example).

2: Is there a way of adding sr_mod in when I upgrade? rather than upgrading
& then still having to do it afterwards.

TIA for any thoughts,

Best wishes to all,

Gavin. (very happy right now).