[Sussex] segmentation fault on boot with kernel 2.4.22-gentoo-r7

Tony Austin tony at gigaday.com
Tue Feb 24 19:00:43 UTC 2004

> On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 18:04 +0000, Thomas Adam wrote:
>
>> Compile it with GCC 2.95.
>> -- Thomas Adam
>
> Wow... can tell you're not running Gentoo ;-P
>
> Don't compile with 2.95 that will break a _lot_ of stuff!
>
> --
> Geoff Teale
> Cmed Technology <gteale at cmedltd.com>
> Free Software Foundation <tealeg at members.fsf.org>

Thanks to both of you.  I wasn't going to attempt a 2.95 compilation
anyway.  There has to be a simpler answer, compiling a 2.4.20-gentoo-r7
kernel with gcc 3.3.2-r5 works fine so it must be something in the kernel
code, I guess.

Regards.

Tony Austin
Gigaday Computing Limited
http://www.gigaday.com
tony at gigaday.com

"We ought to make the pie higher."

George W. Bush
February 15, 2000
Comment made in Columbia, South Carolina during presidential campaign.

"They're seeking chemical, biological, and nucular weapons."

George W. Bush
November 6, 2001
Speaking from the White House via satellite to Central European leaders gathered in Warsaw, the President is referring to the goals of the Al-Qaida terrorist group.  Aired on ABC Evening News.