[Sussex] XP stuff [was]Gentoo problems.

Geoff Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Wed Feb 25 09:40:19 UTC 2004

Steve,

I think the main discrepancy in our thought is that your are thinking
of XP as one rigid collection of methods.  I don't think any
methodology can be applied unchanged to all projects.  I merely state
that some large subset of the XP methods can be applied in most
situations and that there are advantages to that approach.

Most importantly I think that XP makes clear some good solutions to
problems that dog almost all software developments.

We certainly don't do XP here exactly as the books say -
I think it would be unrealistic to think that XP could be applied
anywhere precisely as the books say.
--
Geoff Teale
Cmed Technology <gteale at cmedltd.com>