[Sussex] microshaft at it again

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Thu Feb 26 10:35:15 UTC 2004

I expect standards, Apple where not allowed their advertising for the G5
because they claimed it was more powerful then any other system.
If ITC can stop that why can't they stop Microshaft.

> > http://www.microsoft.com/uk/getthefacts/
>
> And do you believe that Daz/Bold/Percil wash whites whiter than the
> leading brand of power?
>
> > on of there comments "Windows Server 2003 Far less expensive to
operate
> > then a Linux Mainframe" well yay! mainframes tend to be more
expensive
> > then a server.
>
> That one made me laugh too.  IBM have never claimed that their
mainframes
> are cheep.  What they have said than a mainframe's TCO is less than an
> equivalent farm of Intel based server.  This is true, from what I
recall,
> you need a big farm to make the mainframe pay.
>
> If some Window's fanatic points you at this just smile and ask the
> question:  As Linux will run on the same Intel system as Windows,
> why aren't Microsoft comparing like for like?

Wow I didn't know there where Windows fanatics, I just thought people
made do because they didn't want to change or try something else.

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality,
accuracy and content of information contained in or with this message.
In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.