[Sussex] "pre-depend" error upgrading to Woody

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Fri Feb 27 22:34:25 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I added the Woody CDs via apt-cdrom add, did apt-get update followed by
apt-get dist-upgrade.

Shortly after asking for (& me inserting & pressing enter) the first CD,
apt came up with the following error:

"E: Internal Error - Couldn't configure a pre-depend"

Just to be sure that apt was finding the CDs OK, I did apt-setup, selected
cdrom as my data source & added the CDs again. Still the same error :-(

I have to say that I'm baffled by this one - I have no idea what it means,
what I need to do or where I need to look.

I had a gut feeling about apt finding the cdrom, but the drive fires up
when I put a CD in after dist-upgrade asks for it, so I assume it's OK -
can't be sure though.

*Any* help appreciated,

TIA

Gavin.