[Sussex] More gentoo problems!!!

Thomas Adam thomas_adam16 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 28 15:53:42 UTC 2004

 --- "John D." <big-john at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> Hi list,

Wotcher, John.

> Guess what? I've ball's it up again. Don't quite understand how though,
> as I
> was trying to get my printers installed and configured at the time.

You were playing with it, and it broke. As long as you weren't root at the
time, you weren't to blame ;)

> Now, I've got the gentoo guide to use flags, but I don't quite follow.
> If,
> when I've got a desktop up and running and put the line:
>
> USE="qt kde -gtk -gnome"
>
> so the system knows that I'm a kde fan, and aren't really interested in
> using
> gnome etc, can I then just change it when adding the printers and have
> just
> the one line i.e.

What this is saying is that you want to link againstthe QT libs (which is
what KDE is built upon), and gtk where applicable.

> USE=qt kde -gtk -gnome cups foomaticdb ppds"
>
> or do I need to put in additional "use" lines for each thing, as in:
>
> USE="qt kde -gtk -gnome"
> USE="cups foomaticdb ppds"

No, these are compile time directives only.

-- Thomas Adam

=====
"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net

experience will probably kill you. :)"