[Sussex] Happy New Year!

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Thu Jan 1 00:48:13 UTC 2004

Happy New Year to all.

Up late after helping to get baby to sleep..

A couple of personal Linux related resolutions:

1: Keep using & keep learning Debian (& I really must upgrade from 2.2) The
only problem is that, as Debian has never broken on me, I find things out
that I want to do, it works & then I'm hard pushed to remember how I did it
after a while. But hey, not a bad problem to have.

2: To show others who may be interested that Linux is not difficult to use.
Also to show that Linux is not some alien OS from the planet Zog, but would
actually be not too terrible for a Window$ user to use if they could bear
to type in a command to access the web & get e-mails & type in another
command to shut the computer down.

To assist in (2), I'm going to get a copy of Damn Small Linux, which is a
50MB distro with desktop, running from a CD. It looks quite easy to set up
& could well be useful as I could show someone a version of Linux on their
own PC without having to do anything drastic.

3: To worship my partner for ever more, as she bought me a Debian T-shirt
for xmas *and* a Linux (Tux) tie for more formal occasions.

Best wishes to all,

Gavin.

BTW: I managed to find baby Megan a suitable cuddly penguin in Clinton
Cards.