[Sussex] New Gentoo user

john big-john at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Jan 6 21:38:10 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 06 January 2004 4:34 pm, David Chapman wrote:
> I,I have jumped in and joined the growing number of Gentoo users on this
> list. So Gareth. Can you update my entry on the Lug web site.
> SUSE9.0 & Gentoo 1.4
>
> Please blame John D for the flood of questions that will be flowing this
> way. He convinced me that I could do it and to be honest my box ,quad Xeon,
> must surely work more efficiently with a compiled from source OS.
> Tho I started with a stage3 just to get my feet wet.
<snip>

See David, I told you it was a "doddle" :?

Seeing as it's only taken me 3 weeks to work out how I stop my monitor getting
horizontal scan lines when I type or scroll the mouse. And I still cant work
out how to make the monitor work at 1600x1200 and use a 1280x1024 resolution
(that's if I understand the settings I've got when booted into mandrake!)

regards

John D.