[Sussex] Broadband at last.

Geoff Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Wed Jan 14 11:54:27 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 11:33, Angelo Servini wrote:
> Seriously tho, once installed and running I can attempt to get some of those
> lovely 3D games downloaded!

I recommend enemy territory!  It's in gentoo's portage so it's only an
emerge away (hint, stick around while it's emerging until after it asks
for you to agree to the free usage license).

> BTW
>
> How long does it take to download a full distro such as debian?   I might
> have a go at a second distro to try out.

Even with broadband it's best to leave ISO downloads running whilst you
go out to work - often the download speed is controlled by the server,
not your comms.

--
GJT
gteale at cmedltd.com

Fortune's Real-Life Courtroom Quote #37:

Q:  Did he pick the dog up by the ears?