[Sussex] Barcode Scanning and EPOS

Geoff Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Fri Jan 16 23:47:49 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 17:09, dominic.clay at btopenworld.com wrote:
> -- Unless anyone knows of a way of making an IPaq function as a bar code scanner with a linux based epos running behind it  :D ????

Barcode scanning on Linux devices?  This is part of what I do for a
living.....

... although I would suggest a desktop PC at least if you don't want to
accidently leave your stock

If you really need barcode printing and scanning for your venture I
really can help you out (I have this sort of kit on my desk at work,
along with vital signs monitors and the like).

From an EPOS point of view (I know we discussed this the other day), you
might want to look at:

http://www.linux-pos.org/

.. for general information/new of Linux in the retail industry.

Here are some open source POS / retail projects that may be of interest:

http://gshop.sourceforge.net/index.html
http://easypos.sourceforge.net/
http://l-ane.sourceforge.net/
http://freemercator.sourceforge.net/index.php