[Sussex] [Fwd: Re: Sussex sub Joihn Gregory<john at john-gregory.uklinux.net>]

John Gregory john at john-gregory.uklinux.net
Sat Jan 17 15:16:19 UTC 2004

Mike Diack wrote:

>1) What does the winmodem identify itself as - there are several types of
>winmodem (it's a generic term), made by several manufacturers?
>2) Mandrake 9.2 also provides very good WinModem support - is it worth
>trying that?
>Mike

>---
>

> Mike

It appears to be a "CREATIX V.9x  DSP"  although  Linux identifies it as
"Polymedia V.9x DSP"
According to the SUSE database it is 100% compatible!

After a bit of editing to the wvdial.conf and files and resolv.conf
files in /etc and the options file in /etc/ppp I seem to have got up and
running with the card modem.

Thanks for your help
John