[Sussex] executing binaries from PHP

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Fri Jul 9 12:51:57 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm currently building a system that requires spell-checking.  I've
looked at a few solutions that I could integrate into the system,
however they all require access to the /bin or /usr/bin which my webhost
won't let me have (and quite rightly too! :p).

I'm looking at using aspell or ispell.

I have a directory in which I can place executables (my cgi-bin will
allow C, java, cgi etc.), however I'm not sure how to link to them to
execute them. Has anyone had any experience of this kind of thing and
can help me out?

TIA,

Matt
--
| Matthew Macdonald-Wallace     |

This email has been independently scanned for viruses and any virus detected has been removed using McAfee anti-virus software