[Sussex] Automated FTP

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Sat Jul 10 12:11:18 UTC 2004

Hi,

As part of a project I'm working on, I need to be able to automate the
ftp process.

Basically, I need to send a file to an email address, this then uploads
it to the server.  The problem is that the server is not mine, it is a
webhosting account that will not allow me ssh or any other kind of shel
access.

is it possible to do this using ftp and a shell script with cron?

I would need to upload the file to _remote_/htdocs/someDir/ from
_local_/home/$user

TIA,

Matt

--
| Matthew Macdonald-Wallace     |

This email has been independently scanned for viruses and any virus detected has been removed using McAfee anti-virus software