[sub] [Sussex] MYSQL vs Postgresql

Geoffrey Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Thu Jul 15 23:28:20 UTC 2004

Tony,

Hostorically MySQL was faster and thus more popular, however recent
versions of postgreSQL have had better performance than MySQL.

Moreover postgreSQL is a far more "complete" database than MySQL,
although many of the things that MySQL didn't do historically it does do
now.

I have no idea if postgreSQL runs on Windows.

In 99 out of 100 cases I would suggest that PostgreSQL would be a better
choice for new projects.

--
Geoff Teale