[Sussex] Just a bit of news

Alan F alan at slug.greenmeads.co.uk
Wed Jul 21 08:57:35 UTC 2004

Just thought I'd throw in my vote for Draytek routers :)

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware/reviews/2002/q4/vigor2600we.asp

I have that one and I'm just as happy as it with the reviewer. Was
perfect because I could use ISDN with it until Midhurst got ADSL. That
model has been replaced with something pretty much the same but with
802.11g instead of 802.11b... They seem to have models which don't have
the advanced features (ours was aquired free anyway), but there are
all kinds of neat things like VPN, VoIP port, built in print server
etc in some of the other models.

As for BT dialup, they use a pretty standard system, so assuming you
don't have a winmodem you should be ok :o)

Up early to wait for the chimney sweep to arrive and save a pigeon,
Alan