[Sussex] Just a bit of news

Tony Austin tony at gigaday.com
Wed Jul 21 09:56:56 UTC 2004

Gareth

> I have the Speedtouch 510v4 it says that it port forwarding which in
> most cases it does but it hates allowing port forwarding for traffic
> inwards.

Hmm?  I'm puzzled.  All the port forwarding that I do is what I would call
"inwards".  Eg: send all port 25 traffic on the external IP to 10.0.0.3
port 25.

There is a quirk that I ran foul of first time I did one; the answer was
DON'T put your external IP in the NAT table on any of the port entries,
just leave it as 0.0.0.0.  However, the setup that I am using is just
plain NAT so maybe yours is different if you have multiple static IP
addresses.

Regards.

Tony Austin
Gigaday Computing Limited