[Sussex] Broadband Linux for Mike Diack!: Was re: a bit of news

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Wed Jul 21 10:32:00 UTC 2004

Mike

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 11:03:36AM +0100, Mike Diack wrote:
> Incidentally.... Totally off topic.... Hotmail are doing their upgrade
> today....
> I've now got a limit of 2000MB (surpassing gmail - which I'm betaing) and
> the UI has changed a bit.
> Plus I can now send big attachments (just tried sending a 5MB file with
> success).

In these days of broadband why do you need accounts like Hotmail, gmail,...?

I do have a remote e-mail address but that just forwards my mail on to the
address of my choice.  As I now have a permanent ADSL link I run my own mail
server and all my e-mail is delivered there.  From there it gets bounced
about my network as I see fit.  I am in complete control.