[Sussex] Just a bit of news

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Wed Jul 21 10:43:45 UTC 2004

Tony,

> > I have the Speedtouch 510v4 it says that it port forwarding which in
> > most cases it does but it hates allowing port forwarding for traffic
> > inwards.
>
> Hmm?  I'm puzzled.  All the port forwarding that I do is what I would
call
> "inwards".  Eg: send all port 25 traffic on the external IP to
10.0.0.3
> port 25.
>
> There is a quirk that I ran foul of first time I did one; the answer
was
> DON'T put your external IP in the NAT table on any of the port
entries,
> just leave it as 0.0.0.0.  However, the setup that I am using is just
> plain NAT so maybe yours is different if you have multiple static IP
> addresses.

Its pretty much the same with multiple IP's, it just obviously you cant
forward 80 as that is what the router uses for the admin but when
setting up for FTP it didn't seem to work either.

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality,
accuracy and content of information contained in or with this message.
In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.