[Sussex] Wanadoo nothing

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Thu Jul 22 08:26:34 UTC 2004

Steve

> On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 12:13:24AM +0100, Gareth Ablett wrote:
> > I still havnt canceled my old wanadoo but will do ver soon was just
> > making sure my emails where going to teh right place.
> >
> > anyway thy sent a message out to say ther have new terms and
conditions
> > and this was at the top of it, which so technicaly i cant apply to
so
> > have to cancl the account.
> >
> > 1. 	Becoming a Wanadoo Member
> > 1.1 	You can only become a Member of Wanadoo (a "Member") if:
> > 1.1.1 	You have a valid contract with BT for telephone
services; and
> > 1.1.2 	You have a computer with Internet Explorer 5.0 or above.
>
> If I loaded a IE 5.0 binary on to my Linux machine would that make me
> legal?  I may not be able to use it, but I would have a computer with
it
> so technically I'm okay :-)
>
> Steve

I suppose the term with is some what open to interpretation.

Although tbh I cant see why they need you to have IE 5.0 or above what
does it have that could possible benefit Wanadoo unless of course the
have some shifty spyware ie prog that they load up.

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality,
accuracy and content of information contained in or with this message.
In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.