[Sussex] Wanadoo nothing

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Thu Jul 22 23:06:37 UTC 2004

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 00:13:24 +0100
Gareth Ablett <zoomer at zoomer2k.co.uk> wrote:

> all,
>
> I still havnt canceled my old wanadoo but will do ver soon was just
> making sure my emails where going to teh right place.
>
> anyway thy sent a message out to say ther have new terms and
> conditions and this was at the top of it, which so technicaly i cant
> apply to so have to cancl the account.
>
> 1. 	Becoming a Wanadoo Member
> 1.1 	You can only become a Member of Wanadoo (a "Member") if:
> 1.1.1 	You have a valid contract with BT for telephone services; and
> 1.1.2 	You have a computer with Internet Explorer 5.0 or above.

I've been with Freeserve/Wanadoo for over 5 years now & the Internet
Exploder requirement has been in the T & Cs for as long I can remember.

I don't think they mean much by it, as I somehow got on to the Survey
Panel a good while ago. The questions are often product & service
related & I take every opportunity to mention that I use Linux, that
Windows is nowhere to be found on my PC & that I use browsers like
Mozilla & Dillo.

To date, I have not received any communication stating that I am in
breach of their T & Cs. In any case, I am using my uklinux account more
& more.

Gavin.