[Sussex] Revamping the SLUG Website

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Mon Jul 26 23:21:49 UTC 2004

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 22:11:30 +0100
Steve Dobson <steve at dobson.org> wrote:

> Can you submit two bits of information:
>
> 1). A brief descriptions of yourself for the "Members" page.

I am a musician, currently (& likely to be so for some time -
fortunately, I like my job) working in the admin department of a
computer company. I live with my partner, baby daughter & 8 year-old
stepson in Angmering. I am not a programmer or developer, just a "Joe
User" who got fed up with Windows & followed the Penguin instead.>
> 2). A brief description of the distribution (or distributions) that
> you use for the distro page.

I liked the philosophy behind Debian & so innocently got the CDs &
installed it from scratch, as a complete newbie, in Jan 2002 on a second
machine. This allowed me to get to know Debian without being cut off
from cyberspace when I didn't know what to do (most of the time in the
beginning). I now adore Debian & have been running it as my sole OS
since Aug 2003. I am currently swotting up on how to compile a kernel.

Gavin