[Sussex] A new look to our web site

Gareth Ablett Gareth.Ablett at itpserve.co.uk
Fri Jul 30 10:08:53 UTC 2004

 From: Steve Dobson [mailto:steve at dobson.org]
 Subject: [Sussex] A new look to our web site

> Hi all
>
> I've just rolled out the new look to our website.  It took me a while
> because the public server is using an older version of PHP than my
> Debian laptop (the development system) so I had to modify some of my
> programs.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  HTML 3.2 that's like
ancient.

Tbh if you don't mind me offending you the code is crap the site looks
nice in mozilla though but IMHO the code needs some work. I looked at it
In IE and although ie is crap it will display a properly coded page
without a problem and it doesn't.

Apart from this I like it not so sure about the menu changing when you
on a page but still good.

> Anyway I think it now all works.  Comments and suggestions welcome.
> Here are those suggestions from last night which I haven't had time
> to develop yet [there are only so many hours in the day and I do
> need to sleep sometimes :-)].
>   1). Add some Wiki pages.
> 	I plan to make a Wiki area so that some of our pages can
> 	be updated by anyone (there will be no logon required!)
> 	Some of our pages should be static.

cool

>   2). Add a search page
> 	Should this be a separate page or a standard part of each page?
> 	It will be a simple google search hit.
>
>   3). Add a fortune to the bottom of each page.
> 	Simple to do as fortune is installed. [Jon - can't use the "-o"
> 	option as those fortunes have not been installed :-)]

me likes

>   4). Add Google adds - as an income source.
> 	Rejected as this would require a club account in which to
> 	receive the (micro) payments, which intern leads to a lot
> 	of hassle with a formal council.
>
> So go have a look at let me know what you all think.
>
> Steve
>
> PS.  Not that you should need it but the URL is:
>     http://www.sussex.lug.org.uk/

Gareth Ablett
Systems Developer

ITP Services Ltd.
http://www.itpserve.co.uk/

The recipient acknowledges that ITP Services Ltd is unable to control
the content of information in transmitting mail and attachments over the
Internet. ITP Services Ltd makes no warranty as to the quality,
accuracy and content of information contained in or with this message.
In
reading, opening or receiving this e-mail the recipient accepts full
responsibility for its content and attachments.