[sub] [Sussex] A new look to our web site

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Fri Jul 30 17:20:23 UTC 2004

All

I've started the switch (on my copy) of the SLUG website and here is
a funny I've found.  I've just changed the DOCTYPE to XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN
no other change made.  Now mozilla renders my local copy just like the
shots I've see from IE with the text not placed over the buttons correctly.
With both pages loaded in different tabs it becomes really easy to see.

There for there must be a different in the render spec from HTML
3.2 to XHTML 1.0.  and IE will not cope with older public specifications.