[sub] [Sussex] A new look to our web site

Gareth Ablett zoomer at zoomer2k.co.uk
Fri Jul 30 21:41:14 UTC 2004

Steve Dobson wrote:

>All
>
>I've just changed the way the button text is positioned so it should now
>work in both IE (which I can't test) and Mozilla which I can.  It also
>looks find in lynx.
>
>If someone has access to IE over the weekend could then please
>check out the site and report back.  If it looks odd also send me a
>pic (privately).

I wont bother with a pic but the only thing that looks odd is the image
with the lower part of the tux in is a little right leaving a gap in the
middle.

ps. tested in IE 6 64bit this time but shoudnt be much differant.

the links look great now.

> I've started the switch (on my copy) of the SLUG website and here is
> a funny I've found.  I've just changed the DOCTYPE to XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN
> no other change made.  Now mozilla renders my local copy just like the
> shots I've see from IE with the text not placed over the buttons correctly.
> With both pages loaded in different tabs it becomes really easy to see.

erm many browsers will have display a site differantly just by changing the DOCTYPE its thereticaly like compiling C++ in a C only compiler.

Gareth Ablett